For my last weekend home for summer break Paul and I decided to take Landon out for a day of fun, so we went to the Russell Simms Aquatic Center in Bowling Green. I was VERY impressed at how nice this place was, and Landon couldn't get enough of it. I am so glad that we took him, and I plan on making many more trips there in the summers to come. It truly was a fun place for kids of all ages. Landon did not feel overwhelmed at all. He was able to enjoy the water at his comfort. He started out small, just testing the water at the zero entry line,
and then when he was more comfortable he decided it was time to explore deeper waters.
After playing in the pool area for a while, Landon wanted to see what the sprinkler section was all about.
He liked it, but it didn't take long for him to make his way back to the pool area. Once Landon got his nerve up, he even went down the kiddy slide MANY times. After we were done with the pool area, we went over to the little playground area to let Landon play. He loves to go the the park and play on the slides and swings. While Landon was swinging he was so excited, and he kept saying "Go park, go park".
We finally had to call it a day at the water park and as soon as we got Landon changed and in his car seat he was asleep. So we drove around and looked at car lots to kill some time, but once Landon woke up we made our way to Chucke Cheese. Landon had never been there before, but I'm sure we will be making many more trips back. He loved it. He wanted to ride the rides
and play ALL the games (he loved putting the money in the machines all by himself),
but he wouldn't slow down one minute to eat. So, he had his pizza in the car.
I was sure that Landon would be exhausted after his day out and sleep all the way home, but he was sooo excited about it that he talked about his big day the whole way. It was definitely one of our best days together!!!! I am so thankful for days like that, and I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with such a great family!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for the sweet comments. I love reading them all.