Monday, March 29, 2010

The ER

On Wednesday, March 24, Landon had his first "real visit" to the ER. He has actually been before when he was about a month old, but it wasn't necessary. It was just me being a worried mom, but this time was VERY necessary.

We found out on Tuesday that Landon had an ear infection and was having a little problem with diarrhea, but we had no idea how bad his next day was going to be. On Tuesday night Landon went to sleep at 7:30 and did not wake up until 12:30 Wednesday. As soon as Paul emailed me to let me know this, I left work to get home to my baby. We talked to the nurse from Dr. Crews office and she felt that it was necessary to go to the emergency room. We were able to get Landon to take 2 sippy cups of Pedialyte and to eat one chocolate chip cookie before they took him back to his room. Once we were back there, they checked his oxygen, took his temperature, did a chest X-Ray and an abdominal XRay, took blood and gave him and IV. Watching all of this be done to my terrified, sick baby broke my heart. It was the hardest thing I have had to go through thus far in my life. I thought the day I found out I miscarried was awful, but that did not even compare to the pain I felt watching Landon go through this.

Once all the tests had been done, we found out that Landon did have an ear infection, a stomach virus, he was dehydrated, and his blood sugar level had dropped. He was definitely a sick little boy, but by the time we made it back home, he was doing much better.

Landon is now back to his old playful self, and I just want to THANK all of you that called to check on him, and THANK you SO MUCH for the prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Landon gave us all a scare that day! I'm so glad that he is feeling better! We've had so much fun with him here playing with Briley today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the sweet comments. I love reading them all.