Wow!! Landon is learning so much. Today he took his first two unassisted steps. Mom and I were sitting in the living room watching Landon cruise around the furniture, and Landon realized that his little push behind toy was just out of his reach. So, he mustered up his courage and did it. He let go of the couch and took two steps forward, and grabbed his push behind. Once he steadied himself he looked around to see if we saw, and then he started clapping for himself. Mom and I couldn't believe our eyes. We started clapping for him too, and then he just took off pushing his toy around the living room. I was so proud of him.
Landon has also started feeding himself with a spoon. Now, I'm not saying that this is a graceful feeding, but he is feeding himself. He gets it everywhere, but he doesn't care because he would rather feed himself and be messy, than me feed him. My little baby really is turning into Mr. Independent (tear). But really, isn't that what we want? Don't we want to raise a child that is independent and able to think and do for himself. I know it is, but I sure will miss these baby days one day. I am just trying to soak it all in while I can. Man, I love that kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for the sweet comments. I love reading them all.